- 5 ripe bananas, divided
- 6 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable with Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups low-fat milk, plus more if needed
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1Peel and mash 3 bananas with a fork; set aside.
2Melt 2 tablespoons Challenge Spreadable with Avocado in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add oats and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant and toasty.
3Add mashed bananas, milk, brown sugar, ground flaxseeds, salt, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce to a gentle simmer, and cook, stirring every so often, until oats are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in more milk, to loosen, if desired. Stir in vanilla.
4Divide oatmeal among 4 bowls. Slice the remaining 2 bananas and divide over the top of the oatmeal. Top each bowl with a tablespoon each of Challenge Spreadable with Avocado and walnuts. Serve hot.