Mediterranean Hummus Panini
A tasty vegetarian sandwich option, this panini uses Spreadable Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt on the exterior for flavor and crispiness. Find (or make) the creamiest hummus you can to contrast with that irresistible crunch.
- 4 pieces Naan or Pita Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, regular or herb variety
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach leaves
1Spread one side of each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon of spreadable butter and place (butter-side down) on a cutting board. Cut each piece in half.
2Spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on the top side of 4 pieces. Top with peppers, olives, pepperoncini.
3Place bread with toppings on the panini press, buttered side facing down on the press. Finish your sandwich by sprinkling on feta cheese and adding the spinach or arugula. Completing the assembly of the sandwich on the press helps keeps the sandwich intact before you press it. Place the second piece of bread on top.
4Close press to cook, following the manufacturer's instructions.
5Once the outside is nice and toasty, remove from the press and cut in half.