Balsamic and Herb Roasted New Potatoes
This version of the traditional side gives new meaning to the phrase “comfort food.” It’s fresh and filling in the best possible way. Garnish with a few sprigs of aromatic rosemary.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Danish Creamery Butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespooons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds small red new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Melt butter in baking pan (approx. 9” x 13”)in the preheating oven (this takes 3 to 5 minutes, so watch carefully).
Remove pan from oven and stir in garlic, onions, rosemary and thyme. Roll potatoes in seasoned butter and place potatoes with skin side up in pan.
Roast 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are slightly tender. Stir the potatoes to recoat with buttered mixture and continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes.
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over potatoes, season with salt and pepper and return to oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes. Serve warm.