Fish and Seafood
A delightful mixture of lime-infused shrimp, finely minced jalapeño, sautéed onions, garlic, and melted cheese in butter browned tortillas. It's a simple and festive way to enjoy shrimp.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely minced or pressed fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons Challenge Butter, softened
- 16 flour tortillas (5-inch)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1Drain shrimp, chop into ½- inch pieces and combine with lime juice.
2Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic. Remove from heat and stir in jalapeno pepper and shrimp; set aside.
3Spread butter on one side of tortillas and place butter side down on large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon about 2 Tablespoons of cheese and 2 Tablespoons of shrimp mixture (drain off liquid if necessary) on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half over filling, so buttered side is out.
4Preheat oven to 250°F.
5In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, toast folded tortillas until golden – about 1 minute per side. Work in batches and transfer cooked tortillas to a baking pan in preheated oven to keep them warm. Use a pizza wheel to cut each folded tortilla into halves. Serve with salsa.