- 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 2 tbsp, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick Unsalted Challenge Butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- shredded coconut, for garnish
- freeze dried strawberries, for garnish
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Salted Challenge Butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
1Combine strawberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Toss to coat and let sit for 20 minutes to release juices.
2Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
3Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and whisk until well mixed.
4Place butter, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Cream on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3- 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla extract.
5Add dry ingredients and slowly mix until moistened, then increase to high and beat for about 15 seconds. Add strawberries and juice and mix until just combined.
6Fill cupcake liners until mostly full of batter. Bake for 20- 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1Combine butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until smooth. Beat in coconut cream and extract, scraping bowl down as needed, until smooth. To adjust consistency, add more powdered sugar to thicken or a teaspoon of coconut cream to thin.
2Frost cooled cupcakes in a rosette, using a large star tip. Decorate with shredded coconut and a sprinkle of crushed freeze dried strawberries.