- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Dairy Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries, pureed and divided
- 4 Tablespoons (½ stick) Challenge Dairy Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted then measured
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter 2 doughnut pans.
2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3In a blender, puree raspberries and then strain.
4In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, vanilla, and 1/4 cup raspberry puree. Reserve remaining raspberry puree for the glaze.
5Combine the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one about three-quarters full. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then place doughnuts onto a cooling tray.
1Melt butter in a sauté pan over low heat. Add sugar, vanilla, milk, and 1/4 cup raspberry puree and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
2Once donuts have cooled, dip each top in the glaze and then return to cooling rack to let glaze harden.