Fresh white button mushroom caps brushed with butter and stuffed with a sautéed Panko breadcrumb mixture and Mozzarella cheese topping. Serve as a quick appetizer or tasty side dish.
- 1 pound fresh white button mushrooms (about 24, 1½ to 2-inch diameter)
- 5 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon pressed or finely minced fresh garlic
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or Italian Cheese Blend)
1Preheat oven to 425°F
2Clean mushrooms and pat dry.
3Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems and set aside.
4Add butter to small sauté pan over medium-high heat. When butter liquefies, brush the tops of the mushroom caps and place them topside down on a 12-inch pizza pan or 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
5Sauté onions, chopped mushroom stems and garlic in remaining butter, until moisture is reduced and onions begin to brown.
6Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and then shredded cheese.
7Fill mushroom caps and bake 10 to 12 minutes.