Orange Sesame Grilled Chicken Legs
While this recipe falls back on several pantry items for the sweet and sour sauce, they come together in a flash. The final product is beautiful and oh-so-full of flavor.
- 1 stick Challenge Dairy Butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder, plus more to taste
- zest of 1 orange plus 1 Tablespoon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil, divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
1Preheat grill to 400°F.
2In a medium bowl, whisk together butter with garlic, ginger, cayenne, orange zest, orange juice, soy sauce, honey and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3Pat drumsticks dry and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss with remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
4Place chicken on the grill rack. Cooking, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until charred in spots and just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
5Brush drumsticks all over with orange sesame butter and grill, turning and basting, until glazed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro and serve.