Chicken and Pasta with Tomato Basil Garnish
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish. The fresh flavor of the ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar will wow your taste buds. This dish is worthy of a special occasion or a week night dinner with the family.
- 6 cloves unpeeled garlic (about ½ head)
- 1 cup chopped Roma plum tomatoes (2 to 3)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut diagonally into ½-inch slices
1Place unpeeled garlic cloves in a small saucepan, cover with about an inch of water, bring to a boil and then simmer 5 to 6 minutes. Remove cloves from water, peel then finely mince or press. Set aside.
2In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, and vinegar. Set aside.
3Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions and drain.
4Melt Challenge Spreadable Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and chicken; sauté until lightly brown (about 5 minutes per side).
5Divide cooked pasta between individual serving plates. Arrange chicken slices on pasta, and then pour seasoned butter remaining in the cooking pan over the chicken slices. Top with tomato-basil mixture. Serve.