Bourbon Buttered Apple Slices for Roasted Turkey
Move over cranberries. Break tradition and serve your turkey with this delicious blend of apples and spices.
- ½ cup Challenge Unsalted Butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon or apple cider
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon ground cloves
Heat 1/4 cup butter in large skillet; add shallots, cook uncovered over medium heat for 5 min.
Add apples, maple syrup and bourbon, simmer uncovered 3 min. Add cider and boil over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Reduce heat and stir in remaining butter one tablespoon at a time. Stir in sage, nutmeg and cloves. Serve warm with turkey.
Note: We recommend serving it with the Herb Butter Roasted Turkey recipe.