Smoked Paprika Spread
Made with a butter and cream cheese base, sun-dried tomatoes, and smoked paprika (a ground powder from wood-smoked Spanish sweet red peppers). Use semi-moist pieces of sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil. Color of spread intensifies over time. Serve in bowl or ramekin with crackers, bagels, or bread.
- 8 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon pressed or finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
1Have butter and cream cheese at room temperature. Cream together.
2Blend in salt, paprika, garlic and onion. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes.
3Refrigerate until ready to serve. Spread on crackers, bagels or bread. Yields 1¾ cups.
!Fresh garlic can be substituted with ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder.