Salmon Cream Cheese Ball
Start things off right with a sophisticated fresh salmon cream cheese appetizer that's all class and no hassle. With just a few ingredients, you can shape this up quickly and refrigerate it until ready to serve—on crackers or toasted breads.
- 8 oz. (1 package) Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups cooked salmon with skin &bones removed (1 lb fresh salmon)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh onion
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional, to taste)
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
Place cream cheese, salmon, onion, lemon juice and horseradish in food processor bowl and pulse just until combined. Add salt to taste. Chill.
Shape salmon mixture into a ball then roll in chopped nuts until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Yields 4-inch diameter cheese ball