Oven-Baked Onion Frittata
Don't let an Italian catch you calling this an omelette. This egg-based dish is made with fresh vegetables sautéd in roasted garlic and Italian herb flavored butter to give it a sophisticated, traditional Italian flavor.
- 3 Tablespoons Challenge Butter or Challenge Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped white onion (1 large)
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced or pressed fresh garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
1Preheat oven to 350°F.
2Melt butter in 10½-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add ground red pepper and onions. Sauté onions until soft.
3Stir in red bell pepper and garlic; sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4Beat eggs, herbs, salt and Parmesan cheese together. Pour egg mixture over sautéed vegetables.
5Sprinkle mozzarella or Cheddar cheese over the top. Place pan in oven.
6Bake for 15 minutes.
7Slide frittata onto a plate and serve.
!Use fresh rosemary and thyme for best flavor, but if using dried herbs use about one third the amount of fresh.