Dilly Shrimp Spread
Butter and cream cheese provide the base for this elegant spread full of chopped, cooked shrimp flavored with dill, lemon juice, and garlic. Serve with crackers, bread rounds, or sliced cucumbers.
- ½ pound small cooked shrimp
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- salt, to taste
- crackers, little bread rounds, or sliced cucumbers
1Rinse shrimp, pat dry.
2Chop shrimp finely and toss with lemon juice.
3Mash and stir softened butter and cream cheese together until well blended.
4Add and mix in garlic, dill and salt; then stir in shrimp.
5Serve with crackers, little bread rounds or sliced cucumbers.
!If you can't use fresh dill you can substitute it with ½ teaspoon of dried dill weed.