Turkey and Broccoli Crustless Quiche
A tasty way to start the day. Not only will you love the taste of this nourishing quiche, you'll love how quickly and easily it comes together. Plus it's a brilliant way to get rid of leftover turkey or chicken.
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 Tablespoon Challenge Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Challenge Butter, melted
- 1½ cups chopped cooked leftover turkey (or chicken)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Coat a 9-inch pie pan with a Tablespoon of butter; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Combine flour, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add milk and mustard, stirring with a whisk. Stir in eggs, melted butter, turkey or chicken, broccoli and ½ cup of the cheese. Stir well.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and golden. Let cool on wire rack 15 minutes before serving.
Note: The secret to a perfectly cooked quiche is removing it from heat before it becomes too firm or dry. It will continue to set as it cools. Serve warm or cool. Refrigerate any left-overs.