Fettuccine with Cheese Garlic Sauce
A classic pasta dish you can make in about 20 minutes. Fettuccine coated in a smooth cream cheese sauce flavored with sautéd onion and garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and a hint of sherry. Garnish with chives.
- 8 oz dried fettuccine
- 1 Tablespoon Challenge Butter
- 1 teaspoon (2 cloves) minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ package (4 oz) Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon dry sherry
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced chives
1Cook fettuccine according to package directions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain.
2Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until golden.
3Remove from heat. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until smooth.
4Add sherry, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for an additional minute over medium heat until just bubbly.
5Add cooked fettuccine to the sauce, stir to coat pasta. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.