Grilled Summer Vegetables with Red Chili-Ginger Sauce
Take your grilled veggies to the next level with this Asian-inspired dish, perfect for an al fresco summer evening.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Thai red chili paste or hot sauce
- 8 ounces Challenge Butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 lemon, split
- kosher salt
- ½ pound each asparagus, broccoli rabe, green beans, green onion, zucchini
- red-chili sesame oil
1Prepare a gas or charcoal grill. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
2In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, reduce the vinegar, white wine, shallot, ginger, garlic, chili flakes and chili paste to half.
3Add the cream and hot sauce. As soon as the cream begins to bubble, add butter little by little, whisking continuously.
4Season the sauce with the salt and squeeze in juice from one lemon half. Mix to incorporate. Transfer to a bowl and keep sauce in a warm spot.
5Brush vegetables with oil and season evenly with salt.
6Grill the vegetables for 1-2 minutes over the hottest part of the grill. Evenly mark the vegetables, but do not overcook.
7Drizzle the Red-chili Sesame oil and juice from remaining lemon half over the vegetables. Serve immediately with Red Chili-ginger Sauce on the side.