- 3½ to 4 lbs. chicken pieces (can use boneless, skinless chicken if desired)
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth
1Place chicken pieces in a 15” x 10” baking pan. Top with onions, tomatoes, peppers and olives.
2In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, spices and cheese and stir until well blended. Stir and mix in chicken broth.
3Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
4Cover pan with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 1½ hours. Or place chicken pieces and vegetables in a large crock pot. Pour in sauce. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
5Serve over cooked rice.