Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
Baked chicken tenders with parmesan cheese and a touch of Italian seasoning are a healthier and non-traditional alternative to frozen or fast food versions. Try dipping these in your favorite marinara sauce for an extra Italian flare.
- 6 Tablespoons Challenge Butter
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Brown ‘n Spicy Mustard
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 12-16; Or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied)
1Preheat oven to 450°F.
2Melt butter and combine with red pepper. Brush about 2 Tablespoon of the butter over a foil-lined 10X15-inch rimmed baking pan and set the remaining butter aside.
3Whisk eggs and blend in mustard. Pour this egg mixture over the chicken tenders and stir to coat.
4In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning.
5Remove the chicken tenders from the egg mixture and dredge them in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, thoroughly coating the pieces. Place the pieces on the prepared pan. Drizzle reserved butter mixture over the chicken tenders. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are browned and thoroughly cooked.