- 5 ripe peaches, peel, pit and cut into 1 inch thick wedges
- 3 cups (12 oz.) strawberries or blackberries (Cut strawberries into halves)
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar (to taste, depending on fruit sweetness)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup (1 stick ) Challenge Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Vanilla ice cream
1Preheat oven to 375° F.
2Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
3Mix fruit ingredients in large bowl. Let sit while making the topping, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Pour fruit into prepared pan.
1In a small bowl combine and mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Add and beat in egg, lemon peel and vanilla.
3Add flour mixture and mix until dough is just moistened. Place spoonfuls of dough evenly over top of fruit.
4Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit juices are thick and bubbly.
5Serve slightly warm with vanilla ice cream.