Sautéed Scallops with Tuscan Beans
Sea scallops sautéd in a roasted garlic and Italian herb butter and served over a mixture of cooked baby spinach, cancannellini beans, crushed red pepper, and fresh basil.
- 4 tablespoons Challenge Butter, divided
- 1½ pounds sea scallops, rinsed, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup chopped onions (1 large)
- ½ teaspoon minced or pressed fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed and thoroughly drained
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- whole basil sprigs for garnish
1Melt 2 Tablespoons of Challenge Butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté scallops then transfer them to a dish using a slotted spoon; cover to keep warm.
2Melt an additional 2 tablespoons of Challenge Butter in the skillet, add crushed red pepper and onions; cook until onions are soft (about 10 minutes).
3Stir in wine, chicken broth and salt; cook to reduce liquid by half.
4Add beans and spinach: cook an additional minute or until spinach wilts. Stir in chopped basil. Remove from heat.
5Serve bean/spinach mixture in shallow soup bowls (or large in large scallop shells) topped with sautéed scallops. Garnish with basil sprigs.