Cream Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Torte
Discover a flavorful treasure of sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese in between layers of fresh basil, garlic, feta, and cream cheese—topped and bedded on toasted nuts.
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 8 ounces (1 package) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces (1 package) Challenge Cream Cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon pressed or finely minced garlic
- ⅔ cup (2 ounces) chopped sun-dried tomatoes (Do not use sun-dried tomatoes in oil.)
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprigs of fresh basil for garnish (optional)
Let butter, feta and cream cheese come to room temperature.
Toast nuts in a skillet over medium heat stirring constantly until nuts are lightly toasted; remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Thoroughly cream together butter, feta and cream cheese. Blend in garlic and basil.
Cover the bottom of a 6-inch spring form pan (or similar shaped 4-cup sized dish) with half of the nuts. Spoon over half the cheese mixture.
Combine sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over the cheese mixture. Layer with remaining cheese mixture and sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Cover and refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).
Run a knife around the side of the torte and remove the sides of the spring form pan or invert dish onto serving plate. Allow torte to warm to room temperature before serving.
Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil if desired. Serve with crackers, bagels, baguette slices, celery sticks or bell pepper slices. Yields approximately 4 cups of spread.
Note: Recipe can be halved and assembled in a 4-5 inch diameter spring form pan or similar shaped 2-cup dish.