Artichoke Won Ton Bites
Colorful and flavorful bites of chopped artichoke hearts, bell pepper, and chives mixed with Neufchâtel and Parmesan cheese elegantly served inside a crisp wonton wrapper. Bakes in 12-15 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon Challenge Butter, melted
- 48 won ton wrappers (3¼-inch square or round)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Challenge Neufchâtel Cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (about ¼-inch)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp chopped (⅛-inch) red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp + ½ Tbsp chopped (⅛-inch) chives
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly brush 48 mini muffin cups (1½-inch diameter) with butter. Press one wonton wrapper into each cup; wrappers will extend beyond the top of the cups.
Thoroughly combine Neufchatel cheese, mustard and ground red pepper.
Stir in Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup chopped bell pepper and chopped artichoke hearts and chives.
Fill cups with this mixture. (A small cookie scoop works well for this.) Sprinkle remaining chopped red pepper and chives over top of filling.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese mixture is set and edges of wrapper are slightly browned.
Note: Don’t use flexible silicon muffin cups - they seem to retain moisture and the bottoms of the tarts are slightly soggy; buttering them makes the problem even worse. We recommend both a non stick pan and a regular tin; and lightly buttering both types as in directions.