If you’ve planted zucchini, you know it produces a steady stream of the versatile green vegetables. And, given the quantity you may have already consumed this summer, you might be a little burnt out. If you are, you’ll be happy to know August 8th has been officially declared “Sneak Zucchini on your Neighbor’s Porch” day.
Or, if you’d rather hang on to them, we rounded up some of our favorite zucchini recipes:
- Zucchini Quiche
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Corn Salad
- Frosted Zucchini Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Extra Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Kylee's Kitchen
- Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread from I Wash You Dry
- Garden Vegetable Skillet Fritters with Avocado Cream from Living a Creative Life
Plus, we've added a new, delicious Lemon Ricotta Cake with Zucchini recipe from Melina at Sugary and Buttery. Try it out, and less us know what you think in the comments.
- 150 grams unsalted Challenge Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 2 cups grated zucchini, drained
1Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your bundt cake pan.
2Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for a few minutes or until pale and creamy.
3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the lemon rind, juice, vanilla and ricotta and mix for another minute or so.
4Add the flour and baking powder and mix until just combined.
5Add the zucchini.
6Pour batter into bundt cake pan and bake for 50–55 minutes.
7Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.