French Style Herb Spread
Very quick and easy to prepare, this flavorful variation of Boursin combines fresh herbs, butter, and Challenge Neufchâtel Cheese (or original Challenge Cream Cheese) to create a delicious appetizer or snack any time. Serve it in a small bowl or ramekin surrounded by bread or bagel slices, melba toast, your favorite crackers, or even vegetable slices and fruit.
- 8 ounces Challenge Neufchâtel Cheese (or Challenge Cream Cheese)
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon pressed or minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Have butter and Neufchâtel cheese at room temperature. Cream together.
Add garlic, salt, pepper and herbs. Mix well.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with bread, bagels, assorted crackers or fruit and vegetable slices such as apple or celery.
Note: Fresh thyme, basil and rosemary may be replaced with half the amount of the corresponding dried whole herb. Or the three herbs could be replaced with ½ teaspoon of dried herb blend such as Herbes de Provence or Fines Herbes.