Tri-Color Pasta with Vegetable Cheese Sauce
- 8 ounces tri color Rotini pasta
- ¼ cup Challenge Butter
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- To taste freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring often, until tender. Stir in flour. Add the milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Remove pan from heat. Add cheese, stirring until just melted. Add cooked pasta to vegetable sauce mixture and mix lightly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Offer Parmesan Cheese.