Sweet Mashed Potato Bar
It’s tough to improve on traditional mashed sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows, pecans, brown sugar and spices....but we’ve done it. Add Challenge Butter Dessert Snack Spreads like Vanilla Fudge and Salted Caramel to a mashed sweet potato bar, and wait for the ooohs and aaahhs to start rolling in.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Challenge Dairy Butter, melted
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Challenge Dessert Snack Spreads (Vanilla Fudge and Salted Caramel)
- chopped pecans, marshmallows, brown sugar, cinnamon for topping
1Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with a few inches of water. Bring to a simmer. Add potatoes to the basket and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
2Transfer potatoes, melted butter, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to a food processor. Puree until smooth, scraping down bowl as needed; taste and add more salt or pepper.
3Transfer to a large bowl. Serve buffet style with Challenge Dessert Snack Spreads and toppings.