- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon pressed or finely minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon grated or finely chopped lemon zest (zest of 1 large lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium–high heat.
2Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
3Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
4Use to baste grilled or broiled chicken or fish; brush on frequently during cooking. (If sauce is prepared ahead of time, refrigerate & reheat when ready to use.)