Everything Butter Roast Turkey
The seeds, onion and garlic of a classic “everything” seasoning go just as well on turkey as they do on bagels—if not better. In this recipe, be sure to use the whole tub of our Everything Butter Seasoned Snack Spread: on the skin, under the skin, and for basting. You won’t regret it.
- 1 whole turkey (about 12 pounds), spatchcocked
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- handful of fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
- 1 6.5-ounce tub Challenge Everything Snack Spread (or Garlic Parmesan and Herbs)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange celery, carrots, onion, garlic cloves and herbs in an even layer the baking sheet, then place a wire rack on top.
2Pat turkey dry all over with paper towels, then use your fingers to loosen the skin on the breast. Spread ¼ cup Everything Snack Spread under skin, spreading evenly over both breasts. Smear outside of turkey with another ¼ cup Everything Snack Spread. Season all over with salt and pepper and place turkey on rack.
3Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Continue to cook, rotating sheet halfway through and basting twice with remaining ¼ cup Everything Snack Spread, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165º, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Tent loosely with foil and let stand 20 minutes. Carve and serve.