Grilled Poundcake Fruit Skewers
Using frozen pound cake that’s been thawed is key to the success of this fun dessert, as it holds up well on the grill. Challenge Lemon Butter Snack Spread gives it all a nice hint of citrus.
- 1 loaf frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup Challenge Lemon Butter Snack Spread, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- whipped cream, for serving
1Preheat grill to medium heat. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pound cake and fruit. Gently brush kabobs all over with Challenge Lemon Butter Snack Spread.
2Grill, carefully flipping once with tongs, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes per side.
3Transfer to a large platter. Drizzle with honey and serve with dollops of whipped cream.