Baked Brie with Apricot Preserves
Bump up the decadence factor on a classic baked brie by introducing Challenge Butter Vanilla Fudge Snack Spread. Together, the brie, vanilla fudge and apricots meld into a sweet-salty spread worth making again and again.
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Challenge Vanilla Fudge Butter Snack Spread, softened
- 1 Tablespoon apricot preserves, warmed
- one 8-ounce round Brie or Camembert
- sliced baguette, crackers, sliced apples, for serving
1Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2In a medium bowl, stir together flour, walnuts, brown sugar, and salt. Mix in Vanilla Fudge Butter Snack Spread with fingertips until fully combined. Break into small crumbles and arrange in an even layer on one side of the sheet pan.
3Use a paring knife to cut off the top rind of the Brie, leaving a ¼-inch border around the edges (cut away the rind from above at a slight angle). Discard the rind and put the Brie in a small baking dish.
4Spread surface of the cheese with apricot preserves and cover with foil. Place on the other side of the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and the crumble is golden brown.
5Sprinkle crumbles all over the surface of the baked brie and serve with sliced baguette, crackers, sliced apples.