Join us each month for a Challenge Cookalong!
Cooking and baking are much more fun when shared with friends. So each month we will share one of our top-rated recipes for you to “cookalong” with us.
To “butter” you up even more, we are awarding a prize pack of Challenge goodies to one fan each month who shares their version of our recipe on Facebook and/or Instagram.
How to Enter
- On Facebook: Like our monthly cookalong post and post a picture of your creation in the comments.
- On Instagram: Follow us and use hashtag #ChallengeButterCookalong in your post description and tag @ChallengeDairyInc in your photo.
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Butter, softened; or Challenge Spreadable butter
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces (1 package) Challenge Original Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter, melted and cooled
- 3 Tablespoons fresh minced ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
In a small bowl combine flour and sugar and use a fork to mix in softened butter. Set aside. (Walnuts will brown better if left to be sprinkled on top of streusel.)
Blend together cream cheese and sugar and combine with egg and vanilla. Refrigerate.
Butter 18 standard-size (2½ x 1¼-inch) muffin cups. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Combine 2½ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spice, and ¾ cup each granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Add 3 eggs, pumpkin puree and butter; mix until well blended. Blend in ginger root, orange zest and orange juice.
Fill 18 muffin cups about ¼ to ⅓ full with muffin batter. Top with 1 tablespoon of filling then add muffin batter until the cups are about ¾ full. Sprinkle each muffin with Streusel mixture and top with nuts.
Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until muffins are firm.
View our complete contest rules. Our photo contests end on the 30th of each month, so make sure you post before then. We hope you’ll join in the fun and are up for the challenge!
Recipe for October 2018
It's October, which means pumpkin flavors are everywhere. And for a perfect breakfast or snack, with or without your pumpkin latte, try baking these delicious pumpkin muffins. The best part? It's either the streusel topping or the balance of pumpkin flavor combined with the cream cheese goodness hiding inside. You may just have to bake a dozen or so and decide for yourself.