- 8 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup (you can substitute cream of celery or mushroom)
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds Golden Potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and diced
- 8 tablespoons Challenge Butter, cut into cubes
- ⅛ cup diced fresh parsley
Place cream cheese in a microwave safe large bowl. Microwave cream cheese for 60 seconds to soften. Stir in soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
Start by layering ½ of the potatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker (crock pot) sprinkle on ½ of the red bell pepper, onion, shredded cheese and bacon. Top with ½ of the butter cubes and ½ of the cream cheese and soup mixture. Continue in the same manner to create the last layer.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-5 hours on high. You will know it is done when your potatoes are tender.
Sprinkle potatoes with fresh parsley. Leave potatoes in crock for serving if desired. For a fancier presentation, you can put potatoes into ramekins to create individual servings. A great side dish for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven, or when you have a turkey or roast in the oven!