If you are tired of the same old chicken recipe, and you are looking for a change of pace, give this easy recipe a try! This dish is full of Thai flavors with ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store. Challenge Cream Cheese gives this dish the rich and creamy taste, coconut milk, lime and Thai curry give it the kick of exotic flavor. Best of all, simply add the ingredients into the crock pot or Instant Pot for an easy and delicious meal.
- 8 ounces Challenge Neufchatel Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk (regular or light can be used)
- 1-3 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste (depends on your desired heat level)
- 2 Tablespoons Asian fish sauce (soy sauce can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime zest or 3 keffir lime leaves
- 8 chicken thighs, cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Butter
- ⅛ teaspoon diced Thai basil (standard basil can be substituted)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
In a crock pot, combine cream cheese, coconut cream, curry paste, fish sauce, tomato paste, sugar and lime juice. Stir in onion, peppers and season with your choice of lime zest or keffir lime leaves.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown sides of chicken, about 1-2 minutes per side, then add to crock pot. (do not cook through) Add a splash of water to pan to help loosen up brown bits, pour into crock pot.
Set crock pot to high, and cook for 4 hours. If a thicker sauce is desired, remove lid half way through cooking to help thicken sauce. An Instant Pot can also be used, just set to the poulty setting at 25 minutes.
To serve, place rice in a bowl. Add cooked broccoli on top of rice. Top with a chicken breast and a generous portion of the Coconut Curry Sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of the Fresh Thai basil.