There is nothing more comforting than a delicious warm bowl of soup. This recipe features tender pieces of chicken in a creamy, cheesy broth full of Southwestern flavors. I’ve added optional creative toppings that transform this soup to fit everyone’s taste buds. Kids of all ages will love this cozy soup, and it only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes Lime and Cilantro
- 10 ounce can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 15 ounce can roasted corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
shredded cheese, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, jalapeños, diced tomatoes, corn nuts, popcorn
In a large heavy bottom pan, add butter, onions and peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Add cumin, garlic powder and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
Stir in tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, black beans, corn and cheddar cheese.
Stir until cheese is melted, and then add chicken.
Cook over medium heat until soup is warmed through.
Serve soup with your favorite toppings. Some ideas are listed below.
Do NOT boil! Soups that contain cream, cream cheese or cheese are always best not to boil. This will make the cheese separate and will tend to stick to the bottom.