You are going to change your mind about chicken burgers once you try this recipe! Typical chicken burgers tend to be dry and lack flavor. We borrowed ingredients from Buffalo Wings, and created burgers that are juicy and packed full of flavor. Top these spicy burgers with some cool blue cheese or ranch dressing, and you have a crowd pleasing favorite!
- If ground chicken is not available, swap with ground turkey instead!
- There are many hot sauces on the market. Have fun trying new varieties such as chipotle or even a green hot sauce. If you don’t care for heat, try substituting teriyaki sauce, BBQ, or even bottled curry sauce.
- Buffalo wings are typically served with celery sticks and carrots, so why not serve them with these burgers as well. A great way to add more veggies to your meal!
- To help with grilling, burgers can also be cooked on a disposable foil pan, a sheet of heavy duty foil, or a grill sheet on the grill. Make sure cooking surface is well oiled before adding patties. Refrigerating the patties makes them easier to grill, and helps to combine flavors.
- Blue cheese is a great compliment to the hot sauce. However, if you don’t like blue cheese, try crumbled feta, or a slice of your favorite cheese.
- 1 stick Unsalted Challenge Butter, divided
- ⅓ cup celery, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 2-4 Tablespoons wing or hot sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 bakery fresh buns, cut in half
1Place 4 tablespoons (½ stick) of butter in a small pan with celery and carrots. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Slightly cool mixture.
2In a medium size bowl, combine green onions, ranch dressing mix, vegetable and butter mixture, and ground chicken. Form chicken mixture into 4 patties. For best results, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a bowl in the microwave, or in a small pan on the stove. Stir in desired amount of hot sauce to create Buffalo Sauce.
4Grill method: Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Make sure to oil grill grates very well to avoid sticking. Place cold patties on the hot grill. Cook for about 4-5 minutes each side. Try to only flip burgers once so they do not fall apart. Skillet method: Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet. Add chicken patties and cook until golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
5Once patties are cooked, spoon or brush on Buffalo Sauce to cover patty. Place a piece of lettuce on bottom half, followed by the patty. Add more Buffalo Sauce if desired, followed by blue cheese or ranch dressing. Add crumbled blue cheese, and cover with the top bun.