About Challenge Dairy Products
Established in 1911, Challenge Dairy began in a rented storeroom in Los Angeles and grew to be the largest selling butter brand in the West. The company partners with over 400 family-owned dairies and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of California Dairies, Inc., the largest butter manufacturer in the United States.
Challenge Dairy is a 100-year-old dairy brand that operates under a direct distribution model using both company-owned delivery vehicles and broker/partners into retail and foodservice channels, including grocery, mass, restaurants, resorts, hotels, cafeterias, and food manufacturers. They also supply the U.S. Military and support Humanitarian Aid efforts around the world.
Challenge Butter cemented their reputation as the #1 brand in the West by focusing on selling high-quality products that are 100% natural, without the use of the synthetic hormone rBST. As the Challenge brand expands, Challenge butter is now available in all 50 states. Challenge branded butter and is the 2nd largest butter brand in the United States and the fastest-growing of the Top 5 butter brands.
Challenge is seeking a Retail Specialist to report directly to the Customer Service Manager. The position will require direct communication with customers, the sales team, logistics personnel, as well as interdepartmental communication. The Retail Specialist will be heavily involved with various systems for order entry and customer management to achieve high-level customer satisfaction.
- Interface with customers via phone and email to provide overall customer satisfaction
- Accurate and timely processing of customer orders to ensure satisfaction that all orders are shipped on-time and in full
- Log orders received and shipped daily to monitor inventories to ensure proper product availability
- Manage warehouse inventories. Write orders to transfer product from our main warehouse to satellite warehouse locations.
- Gather quotes on freight and work with our carriers to guarantee timely delivery
- Review accounts receivable payments to identify discrepancies and clear deductions
- Handle and resolve customer concerns in detailed ordered manner
- Support Sales team
- Excellent verbal, written and social communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive “Can Do” attitude; eagerness to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). AS-400 experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA benefits, 401k w/match, paid holidays, and vacation time.
Send cover letter and resume via email [email protected] or fax (925) 829-3980.