Tuscan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Mozzarella cheese, fire roasted red bell peppers enhanced by herb blend of Roasted Garlic & Herb butter combine in an unforgettable sandwich.
- 4 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 3 Tablespoons Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter
- 4 slices (4 oz.) mozzarella cheese
- *¼ cup prepared fire roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced into narrow strips
- Fresh basil leaves – (optional – use just a few to enhance without overpowering the sandwich)
Spread Roasted Garlic & Herb butter lightly on one side of each bread slice.
On 2 slices arrange half of the cheese, then red bell peppers, basil and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Place sandwiches butter side down in the skillet and spread additional Roasted Garlic & Herb butter on the uncoated side.
Cook until sandwiches approximately 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Note: Slices of fresh tomato may be substituted for red bell peppers.