Maple-Glazed Yams with Butter Pecan Topping
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons Challenge Unsalted Butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 4 pounds yams, peeled and cut into ¼-inch chunks
- To taste Salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
Bring large pot of water to boil; add yams. Cook about 4 minutes or until water returns to simmer; drain. Rinse under cold water.
Arrange yams in prepared dish. Season with salt. Pour syrup over yams. Dot with 3 Tbsp. butter. Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until yams are almost tender.
Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Add remaining ½ cup butter. Cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans; mix.
Sprinkle pecan mixture over yams; bake 20 minutes or until tender.
Note: Sweet potatoes may be substituted.