Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter & Hazelnuts
Fit for fall, enjoy the flavorful results of this short and simple seasonal recipe.
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Unsalted Butter (½ stick)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts (filberts), chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (rind of one lemon)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place butter in a small saucepan and carefully heat over medium heat until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter, salt and pepper. Place Brussels sprouts mixture in a single layer on a nonstick sheet pan (or sheet pan lined with foil or a nonstick baking mat).
Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Check for doneness. Sprouts should be tender but not mushy. Continue roasting a few minutes more if necessary.
Remove from oven and toss in a large bowl with lemon rind. Serve immediately.