Bagna Cauda (pronounced "Bonya Cowda") - Garlic and Anchovy Dip
- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 12 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped and mashed into a paste
- Assorted fresh vegetables (e.g., red bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, celery, etc.) cut into bite-size pieces or sticks
- 1 pound loaf of crusty Italian or French bread, cut into 2-inch sections
Blend oil, butter, anchovies and garlic in processor until smooth.
Place mixture in heavy medium saucepan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Sauce will separate.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce into fondue pot or other flameproof casserole and place pot over alcohol burner or gas table burner to keep warm.
Dip the vegetable sticks while holding bread underneath to catch drippings. Eat bread once it is soaked with sauce.