Chicken with Pomegranate and Walnut Sauce
- 1½ cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoons Challenge European Style Butter
- 2 cups onions (about 2 large)
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon pressed or finely minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (bottled or fresh)
- 4-5 cups cooked rice
Toast chopped walnuts in a large frying pan over medium heat (stir and watch to avoid charring): transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat: add onion and chicken; stir and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer appear pink.
Add garlic, cinnamon, red pepper and salt; cook two minutes more.
Blend in tomato paste. Add walnuts and pomegranate juice and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve over rice. (Garnish with pomegranate seeds if fresh pomegranates are used.)