Chicken and Pasta with Tomato-Basil Garnish
Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish. The fresh flavor of the ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar will wow your taste buds. This dish is worthy of a special occasion or a week night dinner with the family.
- 1 cup chopped Roma plum tomatoes (2 to 3)
- ¼ cup snipped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut diagonally into ½-inch slices
In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, basil and vinegar.
Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions and drain.
Melt roasted garlic & herb butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until limp (about 5 minutes). Add chicken slices and cook until lightly brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
Divide cooked noodles between individual serving plates. Add chicken slices, and then pour seasoned butter remaining in the cooking pan over the chick slices. Top with tomato-basil mixture.