In an 8" to 10" frying pan over medium-high heat, stir coconut until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes; pour into a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours.
In another bowl, combine whipping cream, coconut milk, and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer on high speed until coconut cream holds soft mounds. Cover and chill up to 2 hours. Whip to blend before using.
Remove pan rims from crusts, and set each crust on a dessert plate. Fill crusts equally with lime curd. Top each tart with equal portions of coconut cream and sprinkle with coconut.
1. In a food processor or bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add butter; whirl or rub in with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add yolk; whirl or mix with a fork until dough holds together. Pat into ball.
2. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Firmly and evenly press each one over bottom and up sides of a 4½-inch tart pan with removable rim. Set pans slightly apart on a 14" x 17" baking sheet.
3. Bake in a 300° F regular or convection oven until pale gold, 15 to 25 minutes; let cool at least 15 minutes. If making up to 1 day ahead, cool completely, wrap airtight and store at room temperature.
1. With a vegetable peeler, pare green part of peel from 4 limes. Put peel and sugar in a food processor and whirl until peel is very finely chopped; let stand, covered, 30 minutes or up to 6 hours. Ream juice from limes. Measure 1 cup; save remainder for other uses.
2. Add the 1 cup lime juice to sugar mixture in food processor; whirl until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a 2- to 3-quart pan, pressing liquid from peel; discard peel. Add eggs and whisk to blend; add butter.
3. Stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickly coats a metal spoon, about 15 minutes. Scrape into a bowl, cover and chill until cold, at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Stir before using. Makes: About 2½ cups
Note: Tarts can be assembled in 10 minutes if you bake butter crusts and make lime curd ahead—up to 1 day for crusts, 3 days for curd.
Nutritional Info: Total Calories: 745, Calories from Fat:445, Total Fat: 49g, Saturated Fat:32g, Cholesterol: 322mg, Sodium: 316mg, Total Carbohydrate: 73g, Dietary Fiber: 1.3g, Protein: 9.6g