Lemon "Half Pound" Cake
- ½ lb. (2 sticks) Challenge European Style Butter (salted)
- ½ lb. (1 cup + 2 Tbsp) sugar
- ½ lb. (4 XL or 5 Large) eggs
- ½ lb. (1¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest or grated lemon peel (1 lemon is enough for juice and peel)
Allow butter and eggs to come to room temperature (20 Minutes) and preheat oven to 325°F.
Butter and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan or line pan with parchment or waxed paper.
Beat butter until light and creamy. Gradually add sugar and cream together. Add eggs one at a time mixing just until the yellow disappears between each addition.
Combine flour and ginger and add gradually to the butter mixture alternating with the lemon juice and lemon zest; mix until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
Note: For a pound cake, double the recipe and bake in a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes.