Apple Cranberry Muffins
For busy mornings, this portable handful of golden goodness mixes fresh fruit and oatmeal. Bake it the night before, and you'll quickly get nourished and out the door.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- ½ cup halved fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
Heat oven to 425°F. Butter 18 muffin cups.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in rolled oats and brown sugar.
In medium bowl, beat butter, milk, sour cream and eggs until well blended. Add to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in apples and cranberries. Fill buttered muffin cups ¾ full. Sprinkle sugar evenly over muffins.
Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.