Sirloin Strips and Rigatoni
Savor traditional Italian herb flavors in this creamy pasta topped with sirloin streak. It comes together quickly, and our Roasted Garlic & Herb butter makes it easy to add complex flavor in an instant.
- 8 tablespoons Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter, divided
- 1 pound sirloin steak trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- 8 ounces (2½ cups) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions (1 large)
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- 1½ Tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup half and half or light cream
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry packaged without oil)
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- Whole basil sprigs for garnish
Melt 1 Tablespoon of Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté steak strips then transfer them to a dish using a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Melt an additional 3 tablespoons of Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter in the skillet, add mushrooms and onions; cook until soft (about 10 minutes). Stir in mustard.
Meanwhile prepare rigatoni according to package directions (about 10 minutes in rapidly boiling water). Drain and combine with remaining 4 tablespoons of Challenge Roasted Garlic & Herb Spreadable Butter.
Combine flour, salt and black pepper in a small cup, and slowly stir in cream to create a slurry. Add the flour slurry and sherry to skillet; cook until thicken.
Add sautéed steak strips and sundried tomatoes; heat for an additional minute. Divide pasta on individual serving plates, top with sirloin strips and sauce. Serve warm with a garnish of basil sprigs.