A sophisticated appetizer for any elegant affair. Serve with toasted french bread rounds/baguettes.
- 1 medium leek, white part only, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter
- 1½ pounds coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry or sauterne
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Fresh herbs, if desired
- Toasted French bread slices
Sauté leek and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium heat about 8 minutes or until leek is tender.
Stir in mushrooms, parsley and thyme. Sauté about 10 minutes or until mushrooms give off their juices.
Stir in wine, sherry, pepper and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and thickened.
Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Transfer to work bowl of food processor or blender; process until smooth.
Pour mixture into 3-cup tureen or bowl. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Garnish with fresh herbs.
Serve with toasted French bread slices.